It is common over time that the skin loses its elasticity, adding the effect of gravity and the formation of wrinkles in the forehead and falling of the eyebrows.
Front lifting aims to reposition the eyebrows and soften the forehead wrinkles.
Fall of eyebrows.
Through small incisions in the scalp, the forehead is detached, the weakened muscles that provide the wrinkles are put under traction, and the eyebrows repositioned. The surgery can be performed endoscopically.
When the patient is only seeking repositioning of the eyebrows, the surgery can be performed by with smaller scars.
Small scars on the scalp.
Local with sedation.
Length of stay:
Mild edema (swelling) is common in the forehead. There may be slight ecchymosis (bruising), which usually sets within 7-10 days. Usually no pain.
Very rare, since if the surgery follows the guidelines in pre and postoperative care.
The complications can be mentioned: infection, hematoma, asymmetry, and nerve damage.
After six months, but within three months, you already get about 80% of the result. The scars continue to mature for up to six months or more, but are hidden in the scalp.
Frequently asked questions to Dr. Charbel El Hachem
Plastic surgery – Lifting Front
1) What is the indication of Front Lifting?
The front lifting is indicated for the repositioning of the eyebrows, when these dropped.
2) What is the anesthesia used?
The front lift is usually performed under local anesthesia and sedation. General anesthesia can be chosen more rarely.
3) Does the surgery leaves scars?
The scars are small but hidden in the scalp
4) Does Front Lifting hurt?
It is not commonly painful postoperatively. There may be a transient sensitivity change due to the injury of nerves, but with time will gradually return.
5) How is the recovery of the Front Facelift?
There may be swelling and light bruising for 14 days. The scar will go through all stages of maturation, being reddish between 3 weeks and 6 months, becoming clear after 6 months.
6) Can I synchronize the Front Lifting surgery with other Plastic Surgeries?
Dr. El Hachem mentions that it is very common to associate the front lifting ,blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) and facial mini-lifting together. Other surgeries may be associated as well.
7) When are the stitches removed?
Most of the points are removed between 7 and 15 days.
Rhytidectomy (face Lifting or face surgery)
1) Arrive to indicated hospital, prior to the scheduled operative date.
2) Wash your hair the day before the operation with an antiseptic shampoo.
3) Follow the instructions of the hospital.
4) Communicate with Dr. El Hachem until at least two days before the operation, in case of flu or illness.
5) Do not apply makeup on the day of admission
6) Avoid smoking for 30 days before surgery because complications are directly related to smoking.
7) Keep fasting eight (8) hours before the scheduled time of surgery.
8) Avoid any medication containing acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin ,etc ) or any medication with anticoagulant effect at least fifteen (15) days prior to surgery.
1) Avoid wetting the dressing scalp for 24 hours.
2) Apply cotton swabs soaked in cold saline over the eyes several times a day during the first two days.
3) Normal diet
4) Avoid the sun, wind and cold for 90 days.
5) Closely follow the prescribed medication.
6) Avoid any medication containing acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin, etc) or any medication with anticoagulant effect at least fifteen (15) days after the surgery.